Free Your Mind.
Your Ass Will Follow.
Get Meg's free mini course delivered straight to your inbox:
Beauty Product Roundup

Beauty Product Roundup

People are often asking what products I use. So I decided to do a little curating for you. Here’s a selection of my personal favorite beauty products, including some I most often recommend to clients. These aren’t affiliate links, they are the honest to goodness, highway tested winners of my love.

Chloroxygen

Plants turn sunshine into chlorophyl. Photosynthesis is a process that I consider to nothing short of miraculous. So ingesting chlorophyll is like consuming liquid sunshine. It helps to calm, cool, energize and alkanalize the body. Due to it’s near identical structure to hemoglobin it generates and regenerates red blood cells. Make no mistake – oxygenated, circulating blood makes you look and feel awesome. There are a lot of chlorophyll products out there. I like this one because it tastes great and the dropper makes it super easy to add to your water.

Here is a good article about chlorophyl if you want to know more.

Evening Primrose Oil

Anti-inflammatory, Reduction of PMS symptoms, anti-aging, nourishing for hair, scalp, nails and skin…just for starters. I take a teaspoon every morning. This company has the best raw, cold-pressed, high quality, organic oils on the market.

Organic Coconut Oil

One of those rare products that have seemingly endless uses. This healthy fat can cook at high heat without burning, it’s great for your heart and skin. There’s even evidence it aids in weight loss. Eat it. Use it directly on your skin as a light moistuizer or in your hair for moisture treatments. There is a great book called The Coconut Oil Miracle  that is worth a read. Also more info about coconut oil here.

New Chapter Organics -Womens Only One

Not all vitamins are created equal. Far from it. New Chapter leads the industry in organic, sustainable, food-based supplements that are easy to absorb and assimilate, that you can take on an empty stomach. Do your best to get your nutrition from food. Supplements are just that, supplemental. If you add one, this one is the one to add.

Nettle Tea

Nettles aid in weight loss, blood purification and colon health, keeping it all clean and functional so you’re staying agile and aglow. Also, Nordic myth associates the nettle plant with the tunder god Thor. They say nettles will protect you from lightning. The strengthening properties of nettles may very well protect you from the elements, but I’m satisfied just having Thor on my side. Yeah. The thunder god? He’s with me.

Probiotics

Healthy bacteria in the colon is better digestion is a radical cleaning crew always on the job. Beauty, health and energy depend heavily on waste removal. Your body is a temple. Not a dump. Feed it well and help it move.

More probiotic info from the Mayo Clinic here.

Digest Gold

You have a set amount of enzymes in your body when you’re born. Enzymes are like teensy bits of pure life. They break down foods and when you’re not digesting, they break down other toxins stored in the body and help get rid of them. Cooking kills enzyme activity in foods so eat as many raw veggies as you can get your hands on, and take an enzyme supplement for the rest. This one is the Solid Gold Dancer of the enzyme world.

Black Box Cosmetics

This is the one link that I will get paid from if you buy because I love these products so much I signed up as a rep just to get them for myself. And there are worse things than me getting a few dollars for coffee while your skin gets righteously adored. The website is kind of weird and plays annoying music – ugh, why?…but I am continually amazed at the immediate and lasting results I get from Black Box. I use all of the core products, but my favorites are the Six-Minute Miracle Microdermabrasion and the Infusion AM. Pure, ethical, natural, organic, integrity, great value and refillable packaging. Boom.

Young Living Oils/ Thieves dental care

And if you buy from this link, my dear friend will get a pittance that she will likely spend on ingredients for soup or sewing projects. You could do worse things. Young Living Oils are pure, amazing, healing. Aromatherapy – topically and internally. My current favorites are Joy and Thieves. I also use the Thieves dental care line and my mouth feels healthy, fresh and my teeth are all gleam-y.

Eating For Beauty – the bible of beauty foods

David Wolff knows his superfoods. Brimming with comprehensive information, also full of beautiful kirlean photography where fruits and veggies are looking like shimmering pieces of pure magic.

Sun Food Raw Chocolate

David Wolff also knows his chocolate.

Smarty Bars

Darling containers with bite sized whole food snacks. Quinoa, fruit, love. Keep em in your car, your purse, your kids lunches. Banana Smarty Bars make me feel smart, happy and well-fed.

Salad

Eat your vegetables! They’re good for you!

Frye Boots

If you make one big wardrobe purchase: Boots. It doesn’t matter what else you’re wearing add great boots and sexy. Done. Veronica Slouch is my favorite style, but you can’t go wrong with the durability and comfort of Frye. If I had a dime for every compliment I’ve had on mine I’d have enough money buy you a pair.

Nars Orgasm

Brill company, gorgeous packaging, the blush is called Orgasm. I use no other.

Sugar Deodorant

Clean eating and living can actually negate the need for deodrant at all. But there are those moments of travel, dating, meetings, interviews, speaking engagements etc..where you pretty much better slick it on or regret it. This one is expensive, but the smell of Fresh’s Sugar fragrance under your arms versus that nasty smell of mainstream deodorants is well worth it for those needed occasions. Use it when you need it, the rest of the time take showers, use a deodorant crystal and stay away from eating junk that’s going to make you stink.

Chanel Hydramax + Active Lip Care

The best. Morning and night. Also pricey but it’s a pretty big container, is tasteless, lasting and will keep your lips ridiculously soft and kissable.

Water

Drink it. Lot’s of it. Water keeps you supple, fluid, hydrated. Because dry and shriveled isn’t pretty. The link will take you to Charity Water’s website where you can also help bring it to other people should you fancy doing such a thing. Giving is very, very pretty.

Oxygen

Breathe. As much as you can, long, deep and slow. Consider air your primary nutrient. Best of all, it’s 100% free. The trees are giving it away all day long.

And, of course, laughing. Nothing is more gorgeous than your beautiful smile. Duh.

What are your favorite products? What should I try? Tell me in the comments or respond in an email to meg{at}megworden.com. Or just say hello. As always, I absolutely adore hearing from you.

Love you,

Meg

photo credit: me

Free Your Mind. Your Ass Will Follow.

Get Meg's free mini course delivered straight to your inbox:

Share on Facebook4Tweet about this on TwitterPin on Pinterest2Share on StumbleUpon0Email this to someone

16 Responses to Beauty Product Roundup

1. lisa says:

thank you for this list meg! i love getting recommendations rather than having to go all trial-and-error with products.

2. http://tinyurl.com/7w8zhxz says:

Hey Blogger! I really like your website, it’s well built and the content is very good so I’d like to ask you a question: As a website owner, have you ever wanted to make money off of your website? Not just a few dollars a month, but hundreds or thousands of bucks every month. If you click my name you’ll learn about a money making online marketing course that offers to teach you how to make thousands of dollars per month running websites and campaigns just like this one. The video is free so just take a few minutes and watch it, I don’t think you’ll regret it. Consider this a friendly tip about one of the best internet marketing courses available. Enjoy!

3. Bizzibiz says:

A formidable share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing slightly evaluation on this. And he in truth purchased me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the deal with! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to debate this, I feel strongly about it and love studying more on this topic. If possible, as you turn out to be experience, would you thoughts updating your weblog with extra details? It is highly helpful for me. Massive thumb up for this weblog publish!

4. Marnie says:

Being green with skincare and beauty products can be challenging; I began this adventure back in 2008. So far, I love rms beauty products — the uncover-up, lip2cheek, and the lip/skin balm are favorites.

I also love livinglibations.com for healthy self-dentistry, deodorant, and natural skin care. Their Best Skin Ever is wonderful.

And finally, Evan Healy Whipped Shea Butter in Patchouli Vanilla smells heavenly and my skin loves it (so does my daughter)! It’s great to protect my skin from dryness during winter weather.

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you so much for adding these great products, Marni. I can’t wait to check them out. Please keep in touch. xo

5. Bryant Berkoff says:

Liquid chlorophyll is miraculous. It has SO MANY health benefits it makes it a true wonder-food. However, the most marvellous and amazing benefit it gives comes from the fact that its molecular structure is absolutely identical to hemoglobin except for the center atom. In hemoglobin this is iron, whereas in chlorophyll it is magnesium. This means that when ingested, liquid chlorophyll actually helps to do the job of hemoglobin (hemoglobin is so vital to the health of our blood – in fact, blood is approx 75% hemoglobin). It helps to rebuild and replenish our red blood cells, boosting our energy and increasing our wellbeing almost instantly..

Remember to browse our new web blog
    <.http://www.foodsupplementdigest.com/ketogenic-amino-acids/

6. Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I in finding It truly useful & it helped me out a lot.

I hope to give something again and help others like
    you helped me.

7. I go to see daily some web sites and information sites to read content, except this blog provides feature
    based articles.

christian louboutin pas cher femme

8. Howdy I am so delighted I found your site, I really found you by error, while I was looking on
    Askjeeve for something else, Regardless I am here now
    and would just like to say thanks a lot for a fantastic post and a all round
    thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look
    over it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added your RSS feeds, so when
    I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the excellent
    work.

9. Grant this comment and we’ll spare a fictional critter!

10. Hello, i feel that i saw you visited my website thus i got here
    to return the favor?.I’m attempting to in finding issues to improve
    my website!I suppose its adequate to make use of a few of your ideas!!

11. For most up-to-date news you have to pay a visit world wide web and on the
    web I found this web page as a best web site for newest updates.

12. GeGerb says:

精准医疗又叫个性化医疗,是指以个人基因组信息为基础,结合蛋白质组,代谢组等相关内环境信息,为病人量身设计出最佳治疗方案,以期达到治疗效果最大化和副作用最小化的一门定制医疗模式。因此相较传统医疗,精准医疗具有针对性、高效性及预防性等特征。

美国医学界在2011年首次提出了“精准医学”的概念,今年1月20日,奥巴马又在美国国情咨文中提出“精准医学计划”,希望精准医学可以引领一个医学新时代。10月8日,2015全球创新论坛纽约峰会在纽约穆迪总部大楼举办。乐土投资集团CEO刘如银在峰会上介绍了他的精准医疗生态圈的想法。

刘如银介绍了乐土投资在美国的国际化实践,包括在美国的地产投资拓展,以及最新投资的医疗健康项目。乐土投资集团(CLIG)定位以硅谷的高科技投资为引擎,以科技医疗和互联网金融为两翼,链接最具价值的深科技健康项目,服务国际大健康和科技发展。

美国财政预算计划在2016年拨付给美国国立卫生研究院(NIH)、美国食品药品监督管理局(FDA)、美国国家医疗信息技术协调办公室(ONC)等机构共2.15亿美元用于资助这方面的科学研究与创新发展。

刘如银说:美国的精准医疗主要是围绕着基因组、蛋白组等方面的检测,也就是围绕分子生物学的特性,针对个体化的病理特征进行治疗。而我们所关注的不仅如此,更是系统化的,全过程、全要素、全局性的对医疗过程和临床实践进行优化。我们所指的精准医疗也是针对每一个病人的具体病情,正确选择并精确的应用适当的治疗方法。刘如银认为:精准医疗的最终目标是以最小化的医源性损害、最低化的医疗资源耗费去获得最大化的病患的效益,其前景不可限量。

精准医疗要做到个性、高效及预防的关键在于筛查和诊断,因此基因测序等检测诊断技术的发展是关键。成本的下降让基因测序商业化市场的打开成为可能,基因测序技术的成熟和商用经过了多年的发展,1980 年自动测序仪出现,2001 年完成了人类基因组框架图标志着这一技术的成熟,2007 年二代基因测序技术大幅降低测序成本,使得这一技术应用出现可能,以走在前列的Illumina 公司为例,该公司自2007 年起把当时每个基因组的测序成本费用从1000万美元降到了当下的1000 美元, 根据Illumina 公司数据,全球NGS(二代基因测序)的应用市场规模预计为200 亿美元,药品研发和临床应用是增速最快的领域,增速超过15%,肿瘤诊断和个性化用药是最有应用前景的领域,市场规模120亿美元。乐土投资与Illumina以及新一代的基因检测公司Genalyte, Centrillion都有着合作关系。

刘如银说:精准医疗作为医疗模式的革新对提高我国国民健康水平有重要意义,将在基因测序技术发展和国家政策的推动下迎来黄金发展期。精准治疗是下一个新兴朝阳行业,我们关注基因测序、肿瘤诊断及个性化用药等相关投资机会。

全球创新论坛纽约峰会由全美华人金融协会(The Chinese Finance Association, TCFA) 主办。全美华人金融协会于一九九四年在美国成立。分布在世界各地的会员来自华尔街投行、基金、监管部门、和学术界,已成为联系中美金融界最重要的桥梁之一。协会定期举行学术年会。协会本部设在纽约,并在波士顿,华盛顿,旧金山,伦敦,香港,北京和上海等金融中心设有分会。

原招商银行行长马蔚华,中信银行美国分行行长文兵,汉世纪投资管理有限公司合伙人吴皓,联合国南南合作办首席经济与投资专家杨庆宏等参加了本年度会议并发表了讲话。

13. Dana says:

Czesc widzę ze chyba nie zarabiasz na swoim blogu.
    Możesz polączyć swoja pasje z zarobkiem. Szkoda marnować ruchu na blogu.
    Jest metoda żeby wyciagnac dodatkowo ladna sumkę, wpisz sobie w google –
    jak zarobić na blogu drugą wypłatę