This soup is so easy, delicious and inexpensive….well, you just won’t believe it.
And your kids will probably like it too.
Here is the recipe from the amazing Veg News Recipe Club (you should totally sign up) :
What You Need:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 pound white potatoes, peeled and diced
6 cups vegetable stock
2/3 cup peanut butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped chives (optional)
What You Do:
1. In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil . Add onion, cover, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes and stock and cook until potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes. Stir in peanut butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. If a chunky soup is desired, it can be served at this point, garnished with the chives. For a smooth soup, in a blender or food processor, purée the mixture. Return the soup to the pot and heat over medium heat until hot, about 5 minutes. Serve garnished with the chives, if using.
3. Enjoy it with someone who makes you laugh.
4. Try not to shoot soup out of your nose while you’re laughing.
5. Leave a comment or send me an email and tell me what you think!