Free Your Mind.
Your Ass Will Follow.
Get Meg's free mini course delivered straight to your inbox:
It’s National Fall-Madly-In-Love-Day (+ A Playlist)

It’s National Fall-Madly-In-Love-Day (+ A Playlist)

Dear Darlings,

On this day of celebrating love, I hope you do something very, very nice for your sweet self. And for the people you love. I want to give you two presents. 1. My current favorite love poem (below) and 2. A playlist to soundtrack your day.

Love you. I mean it. XO, Meg.

Photo Jan 12, 3 46 11 PM

It’s national Fall-Madly-In-Love-Day

by Mindy Netifee

Also: Blame-Oxytocin-Day,

The-Neighbors-Won’t-Mind-Day,

and Lord-Have-Mercy-Week amongst devout believers everywhere.

The amorousness supplies are high!

You can tell by the lipstick on my ankles

I’ve decided to celebrate in style.

You can see from the milky look in my eyes

I think I’m ready for anything, and it’s true—

we are going to party all other holidays into submission.

We’ve got mountains of ticker tape

shredded from shitty insincere Valentines

and enough cantaloupe flavored jelly bellies

to pelt the Easter Bunny back

to the religious doubt factory it came from.

We’ve got a soundtrack of trust fall squeals to clink drinks to.

So why can’t I get you on the phone?

A new report by the Department of Miseries

claims 8 out of 10 broken hearts are crushed beyond repair.

It’s a tune you’ve been singing all week.

You are every cynic’s back up choir.

I know what the world did to you.

I know it’s easy to retreat behind the shields of graceful bitterness.

It is the hardest think in the world to tolerate being loved.

and being loved again, like tanning on the surface of the sun.

But you don’t know what I know.

That report didn’t take into account that

the most resilient parts of ourselves are hidden

in the bomb shelters of each other’s eyes.

It didn’t take into account the mounting evidence

that joy is an involuntary muscle.

It didn’t factor in that this has been the best apocalypse ever.

So I am submitting a counter-report.

I am submitting grandfather clocks, dozens of them.

locked in a dust-clouded room illuminated

with the ill romance of musty curtain light.

An old bent over clockmaker is winding

and freeing the pendulums at different times,

setting loose a klutzy tinkling that sounds like

pyramids of teacups perpetually buckling.

In only two days time the clocks will synchronize.

It’s a law of physics— vibratory frequencies in a closed system

seek the path of least resistance. Pendulums will sway in perfect time

and you would never see the thousand lazy changes it took.

just the sudden satisfying lock step.

Everything wants to be bound to everything else.

Lightning charges someone’s porch swing night sky.

It leads to two hands clasping electrically

beneath a blanket that will someday smell like home.

Neurotransmitters leap like liquid fish from crystal bowls

so some kid can learn to play the guitar.

He will write the song that will call her back to you.

Our hearts are just muscle fisted clocks,

keeping their own time with this messy sentiment of drumming.

Even the broken ones. Even yours.

So today we will unlock the good chemistry cabinet.

We will make this world shine again

by installing kaleidoscopes in our peripheral vision.

We will assault this entire town with sweet ukulele jams

and beam medicated rainbows from our chests.

We spill out like gutted pirate treasure chests

like our sorrows had been rubies all along.

Trust will flood you like a baptism.

like a monsoon of yeses.

The magnets beneath my skin will draw the magnets beneath your skin

and we will power kiss on every bridge we can find.

We will reinvent osmosis.

It’s already happening—everyone is falling a little in love with everyone else.

We will get so foolish and boozy just knowing this.

We will be shameless, wasteful gazillionaires of lovin’, so flush with love

we will throw it all away and make more, and throw it all away again.

We will regret every second of it in the best possible way,

the way any God who has a thing for apples

must have intended it.

image by me.

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterPin on Pinterest0Share on StumbleUpon77Email this to someone

Free Your Mind. Your Ass Will Follow.

Get Meg's free mini course delivered straight to your inbox:

24 Responses to It’s National Fall-Madly-In-Love-Day (+ A Playlist)

1. You just copied someone else’s story

Almost. Actually, I shared a credited poem that I love dearly with my readers. But thanks for stopping by.

2. Każdy z nas zetknął się z problemem, zalecam zapoznanie się z problemem.

3. Strona świadczy o ciekawych wydarzeniach, namawiam do rozmowy

4. place zabaw says:

Bardzo fajowy post, nietuzinkowe wpisy zalecam wszystkim literaturę

5. An assignment to visit a bar, sample a beer, purchase a snack and check out the men’s cloakroom is not most women’s idea of a
    great shopping trip but getting paid to carry out such an assignment will
    sound like a good deal to many men. with this
    special “Twiathlon” ticket, you are sure to be one of the first to see this
    epic saga continue unfolding. Wine and beer is served on Saturdays
    and Sundays beginning when the Cinema opens its doors,
    which is generally at 11:30 a.

6. Melting Pot says:

I got this website from my friend who shared with me about this website and now this time I am browsing this website and reading very informative articles at
    this time.

7. Jesse says:

What i do not understood is iif truth bbe told how
    you are not actually mmuch more well-preferred than you
    may be now. You are very intelligent. You recognize thus considerably onn the subject of this
    subject, produced me in my view believe it from so many
    various angles. Its like women and men don’t srem to be interested unless it’s one thing to do
    with Woman gaga! Your individual stuffs nice. All the time take
    carde of itt up!

8. Hi, after reading this awesome article i am as well glad to share my
    know-how here with mates.

9. Hey there! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from an established blog.
    Is it very difficult to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick.
    I’m thinking about creating my own but I’m not sure where to begin. Do you have any ideas or suggestions?
    Thanks

10. Sylvester says:

Sweet blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?

I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!
    Thanks

11. Excellent beat ! I wish to apprentice at the same time as you amend your
    site, how can i subscribe for a blog web site?
    The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been a
    little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided vivid clear idea

12. Filomena says:

An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a colleague who was conducting a little homework
    on this. And he actually ordered me lunch simply because I found it for him…
    lol. So let me reword this…. Thank YOU for
    the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending some time to talk about
    this topic here on your website.

13. Hello, i believe that i noticed you visited my blog thus i got here to go back the prefer?.I am trying to to find issues to improve my web site!I suppose its ok to make use of
    a few of your ideas!!

14. Bardzo fajny post, badawcze zapisy polecam wszystkim lekturę

15. biurotest says:

Obsłużyli mnie szybko i profesjonalnie

16. Nowadays people have much access over the internet rather than watching a television. They invoke the same kind of interest to their audiences; however this time
    around, it would be through the web medium, instead of a movie theatre
    preview. Teaser trailers are more commonly used to promote new
    games, and television series rather than films.

17. profil says:

Wszystko w jak najlepszym porządku. Przyjazny kontakt i szybka obsługa

18. Każdy spośród nas zetknął się z faktem, zalecam zaznajomienie się z przedmiotem.

19. Jestem naprawdę zadowolony polecam

20. rowery Giant says:

Obsłużyli mnie szybko i profesjonalnie

21. check this says:

Hi there I am so delighted I found your web site,
    I really found you by accident, while I was looking on Aol for something else,
    Anyways I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a marvelous post and a all
    round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time
    to read it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it
    and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot
    more, Please do keep up the great work.

22. I wass healthier, more mature, mmy sound was better, my playing wass better, and I had an outlet for songwiting and producing,
    which had nothing to do with her, so iit was a healthy
    balance between the two. Songs that weren’t singles make me appreciate the band as much as ‘Beautiful Day’ or ‘Pride’
    orr ‘New Year’s Day. It’s another ruhle or ‘guideline’ of magic that wee
    all nded to follo if we want to become great.

23. Strona świadczy o ciekawych zagadnieniach, namawiam do rozmowy