Free Your Mind.
Your Ass Will Follow.
Get Meg's free mini course delivered straight to your inbox:
Be Kind To Cute Animals. And Yourself.

Be Kind To Cute Animals. And Yourself.

You are cute. In fact, you are more than cute. You are radiant, divine. You are ancient and stars and stuff all squished into human form. Yet, you yell at you all the time. For all kinds of things. Many of you are just walking around with a constant barrage of negative self talk narrating your day. And that really sucks.

So, to illustrate the absurdity of it all, I gathered up a bunch of cute animals to criticize. Yep, it’s a serious sacrifice, being verbally horrid to innocent animals and all, but it is a sacrifice I’m willing to make if you will start being sweeter to yourself.

Here you go.

Damn, you are one lazy bunny. The house is a mess, the dog needs a walk and you’re getting fat. You pretty much fail at life. Loser.

imgres-3

No one likes you, duckling, you needy little fool. No one wants to hear what you have to say. You should really just leave this party and go home and eat ice cream because who really cares.

imgres-10

Grow up.

imgres-9

You have exactly zero self control, hamster. Ever hear of portion sizes? I hate you.

imgres-13

Another cookie? Really, rabbit? Obviously you’re not eating anything tomorrow and doing a double workout.

cute-animals-5

Pig.

imgres-11

You are always making such a big deal out of everything, tiny monkey. Relax already.

imgres-5

Blubber butt. And let’s not even talk about you wearing white in the winter.

imgres-8

Another inappropriate relationship doomed for failure. You’re hopeless, lamb. You too, goat.

imgres-4

Dude. I don’t even know what you are so we will just call you LOUD MOUTH.

imgres-12

You are fooling no one, hedgehog.

url-2

There are really no words for how awful you are, puppy. All I know is you make me want to drink.

imgres

Your frog hat makes you look fat, gerbil.

imgres-7

Your fat hat makes you look cat, frog. Wait.

imgres-6

Now I’m just completely distracted by the fact that “animals in frog hats” is a thing. So it’s probably a good place to stop. Although, seriously? What is the deal with these two idiots?

url-1

Alright? Get it? It’s just as weird (and not nearly as funny) for you to do it to you. So stop it.

Hearts, darling,

Meg

image sources unknown. if they are yours please let me know and i’ll credit or remove immediately.

Free Your Mind. Your Ass Will Follow.

Get Meg's free mini course delivered straight to your inbox:

Share on Facebook185Tweet about this on TwitterPin on Pinterest53Share on StumbleUpon0Email this to someone

17 Responses to Be Kind To Cute Animals. And Yourself.

1. illana says:

All I want in life right now is a pug in a frog hat.

You could probably get one. I’ll bet there is a store here in Portland that specialized in frog hat wearing pugs. Seriously. It IS A THING. I die everyday of hilarity. I just do.

2. OMG – Love this. 🙂
    A pep talk and adorable fuzziness all in one post.

You make such a great point, Meg.
    We are so quick to overlook what’s wonderful about us and focus on what we perceive to be awful, deplorable, worthy of constant self-loathing.

Bad idea.

I once saw a speaker who suggested we talk to ourselves the way we might talk to our child – with support and encouragement, understanding and unconditional love. It’s hard to do at first, but once you get the hang of it, it can make a big difference.

🙂
    I’m going to spend the rest of the day imagining myself as an unbelievably cute and fuzzy bunny rabbit. I adore me!
    xo

3. Jacqueline says:

I am just now. JUST NOW at 43 starting to reprogram my thinking using affirmations. I feel silly and ridiculous doing it, but I am trying to etch the good into my brain a little deeper then the mean and defeating. I can feel a little shift. And you are right, I would never tell that cute little hamster anything mean!

4. Laurel says:

This made me laugh and cry at the same time (but mostly laugh). Brilliant approach to illustrate how awful we can be to ourselves. xo

5. Molly says:

“You are fooling no one, Hedgehog.” This one is totally my go-to.. Thanks for calling it out. So witty…so wise.

6. […] it is pretty cute and an excellent reminder that we are always a little too hard on ourselves: Be Kind to Cute Animals and Yourself. So if you have been mean to yourself, remember that you are a soft and adorable […]

7. Great post! And so true… Hard to reprogram the ol’ brain, but I’m working on it!

• Meg Worden says:

Yep. It’s all practice practice practice. But when we get it here and there in this crazy life, I say we are succeeding. Glad you’re here, Jackie. 🙂

8. Kristine says:

It’s so sad that it wasn’t until this year – I am 31 – that I realized I talk to myself the way I would never, ever, EVER talk to somebody else and the way I would never tolerate someone else talking to me. Yet apparently when I do it to me, it’s fine? There is probably something wrong with that. Thank you for this brilliant approach on how ridiculously inappropriate it is.

Congrats on seeing it, Kristine. 31 is still young and so many people don’t catch it for their whole life. Yay, you. So happy you are here. Really. Thank you infinitely for reading and commenting. xo

9. […] “So I got to thinking about all the things you might say to you. And how absurd it is for you to be so mean to yourself. And how much I think you should treat yourself like the soft and adorable creature you are.” Be Kind to Cute Animals. And Yourself. – Meg Worden […]

• Marie says:

Hey hon. Just read this,and really like it. It’s ridiculous how hard we can be on ourselves, using our inner critic to make little of us while ignoring the very valuable points others see and love us for.