We are not only what we eat, we are all that we consume. We are so fortunate to have so much information available, but discernment in what we feed our brains is paramount to producing good ideas, and to being open enough to understanding the experiences of others.
So here is where I hope to serve your whole health by delivering quality articles that educate, inspire, and articulate the human condition so we can stay in reality and curiosity. Plus art + beauty + LOLZ.
Here we go.
1. What better way to start this weekend than with decadent color palettes *combined* with great movie ideas! Boredom is for suckers.
2. And then follow that up with these perfect pencil drawings of panties. Man. I’m so into looking at things that make me happy this week. Self soothing doesn’t come naturally to me. I need all the help I can get. Any of you feel me on that one? At some point you just can’t drinkdrugsbingeeat anymore so TGFortheinternet? Yeah. I’m here for ya, babe.
3. So many things about the future are cool. And some are terrifying. Here is something terrifying! Scientists making animals that have human organs! We’re one step closer to Never Let Me Go! (Fantastic book BTW). But wow. I totally support you looking at that underwear art again after you read this.
4. Oh oh oh. This utterly beautiful, sad, and ultimately redemptive story of love and loss and living dying living. Oh, my heart. This is why we words, guys.
5. Author Lidia Yuknavitch loves you and your perfectly imperfect misfit self. Let her remind you that your weirdness *is* what makes you worthy, from her righteous place on a TED stage. Go Lidia! Then, if you haven’t yet, go read her memoir, Chronology of Water.
6. All this science about the literal, biological connectivity of people makes me feel a whole other level of romantic. Also, discerning.
7. There are only a few blog subscriptions in my inbox, and even less that have been there for years. The Middle Finger Project is one of the first ones I ever subscribed to, and I still read every post. Of course this one’s extra special because I’m in it. But: Stop Peeing Apologies Down Your leg and Say Thank You Instead is not only a drop dead title, it’s brick house advice.
8. And while we’re on the topic of sage advice, and I guess, me… I’m going to toss my own last blog post into this mix. Because I’m proud of it, and also, I really want you to have all the opportunities to know how to get your brain and body in connectivity with it’s own self. I MADE YOU A THING AND IT’S GOING ON PRE-ORDER TUESDAY. And I talk about it in this post. I also talk about how to be an introvert in public. Because you, or someone you love needs to know this stuff.
Once again, thank you so much for allowing me into your inbox every week. Your time and attention are so freaking valuable and it’s an absolute honor to get this piece of it. It’s still so weird to me sometimes that I get to have this life of writing and talking to brilliant people for a living. I hope these posts are as meaningful to you, as writing them is to me.
Have feels about the reading? Tell us in the comments. Or just say hello. I love hearing from you.