We are not only what we eat, we are all that we consume. We are so fortunate to have so much information available, but discernment in what we feed our brains is paramount to producing good ideas, and to being open enough to understanding the experiences of others.
So here is where I hope to serve your whole health by delivering quality articles that educate, inspire, and articulate the human condition so we can stay in reality and curiosity. Plus art + beauty + LOLZ.
Here we go.
1. OMFG I don’t care how New-World-Order (not to be confused with fave 80’s band New Order) these gold leaf temporary tattoos are. I want a sexy skin phone so bad.
2. This uber hi-res time lapse video of Brazil will seriously blow your mind, maybe make you cry. Because humanity. Art. Humanity. Art. Infinity. Go.
3. “I believe in art the way some people believe in God” ~ this interview by Lidia Yuknavitch (incomparable in her aching and utterly uncompromising ability to drill to the core of her/our stories. Unf. Yes.)
4. Work, Style, Sex, and Struggle in an Age of Unrest. This whole magazine.
5. As a woman with an infuriatingly difficult relationship with alcohol, this hits home hard. The real reason why women drink.
6. I’m kinda sick of talking about introversion. I suspect it’s crossing over into becoming an excuse for not giving a fuck. Though, to be honest, I can get on board with a certain level of NGAF. Regardless, this on introvert hangovers is pretty spot on and comforting.
7. Buying a bunch of medical debt at a fraction of the cost and forgiving it. It’s what John Oliver did. And what I would love to do slash will fucking do someday just you wait. Wanna go in? How about a Kickstarter?
8. The first ever commercial for a cannabis product was made here in Portland. And I support this message.
9. Now accepting tickets to Tokyo. This light exhibit is the stuff of my dreams.
10. Trees are sentient. Deal with it.
11. This robotic kitchen cooks meals from freaking scratch. Hold me.
12. Artist Julie Blackmon never fails to amaze, inspire, delight, and add levity to my world view.
13. This amazing list of books every white ally should read.
14. Trump satire. Sorry but it had to happen here eventually, and no one better to tackle it than Janelle Hanchett. The clapping line had me laughing for days. I mean, I’m still laughing.
Have feels about the reading? Tell us in the comments. Or just say hello. I love hearing from you.